Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Student Journals

Classroom Products Warehouse just sent me an e-mail that offered my 10 free math journals with any purchase, and no minimum requirement.  Here is a link to check out these math journals.  If you haven't realized by now, I like to create my own classroom products for next to nothing.  So, I checked out the journals they were offering and decided to see if I could duplicate them.  Here is the result:

I intentionally leave the front cover blank so that students can create their own design.  I do insist that their name is somewhere on the front.


Inside I have lines for journaling and a grid for graphing.  I also like to leave out the axes.  I feel that students should decide if all four quadrants are necessary or if they should only use the first.


So, here's how you make these things.  First print out the journals.  The first 2 pages should be back-to-back, as well as the last two pages.



I printed page numbers at the bottom of each page.  Take the paper with pages 4, 7, 8, and 3 on it and cut it like the photo above.  Make sure to make cuts at the top and bottom.



Take the other paper (pages 2, 5, 6, and 1) and cut a line down the middle like the photo above.


Now, let's go back to the first paper (pages 4, 7, 8, and 3) and hold page 4 like this (4 is inside the roll, 3 is on the outside).



Take the first paper (the one in your hand) and insert it into the second paper.  The second paper should have pages 2 and 5 facing up.


Pull that paper all the way through and there you have it.  Your very own math journal on the cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment