Saturday, March 26, 2011

Hello

Hi there!  My name is Nora and I teach high school mathematics.  This blog has been in existence for years, but only in my head.  The last thing I need is another thing to do.  However, I have a lot of ideas that I believe are worthwhile and want to share them with you.
One of the main reasons for creating this blog to to get your honest feedback.  Don't hold back please.  If you tried one of my ideas and it totally bombed, I want to know about it.  Perhaps we (me and the readers) can find a solution to make it work, or perhaps it should be scrapped entirely.  Likewise, if you try one of my ideas and it was a success, I would love to hear about that as well.  I'm always looking to pat myself on the back.
A little bit more about me.  I have been a classroom teacher since 2000.  I currently teach algebra 1 and pre-calculus.  However, my schedule changes every year.  In the past I have taught pre-algebra to 7th and 8th graders, Algebra II, and Calculus.  Did you notice what is missing?  Yeah, Geometry.  I have never been assigned to teach Geometry.  It is my goal to one year speak up and be assigned that course.
Anyway, I hope that you'll join me in the quest to be a better and more adventurous teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment